Logomachon






Clearing the Fog
in the
War of Words

 

   
  logomachy--1. A dispute about words. 2. A dispute carried on in words only; a battle of words.
logomachon--1. One who argues about words. 2. A word warrior.

   
   
   
 

2004-10-23
 

But wolves are natural Republicans!

The new Bush/Cheney ad that is getting so much buzz is playing on TV here in Pennsylvania. See Wolves at the Bush/Cheney Web site.

My thought when I saw it was “I want more wolves” . I like wolves. Wolves are definitely free-market Republicans. They have strong family values, believe in competition and coöperation, and kill the weak to feed their young.

I used to tell my kids that wolves are good because they eat whales (nasty, barnacle-encrusted, glabrous beasts, traitors to their class (Mammalia), which had struggled for eons to evolve into terrestrial quadrupeds—-whales just gave up; and their songs sound like Paul Winter on a bad day, and they look like Michael Moore on a good day). When the whales swim upstream to spawn, I told my children, wolves crouch on the banks. They reach out with their bushy tails and tickle the whales’ blow-holes. The whales sneeze and flip over on their backs, and the wolves pounce on the whales’ soft underbellies and devour them.

Uuum . . . maybe more information than you need.

Anyway, I liked how the pack perked up, and headed off down hill to deliver some lupine whup-ass when the narrator talked about America being weakened by Kerry and the Democrats.
|

 

   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.
My Profile

Home  |  Archives